First Cut Lab launches a record number of 6 new labs
Culminating in a most successful year, First Cut Lab is launching today a record number of 6 First Cut Labs at once for workshops that will take place in early 2023.
A few facts & figures for 2022:
- 50 films workshopped in the frame of 16 Labs
- 47 films released, including 20 films that premiered in Berlin, Cannes, Locarno, Sundance, Toronto, Venice; and another 17 films that premiered in Busan, Dok Leipzig, Goteborg, Karlovy Vary, San Sebastian, Sarajevo, Tallinn, Tokyo, Tribeca, and Visions du Réel.
- 9 films representing their countries for the International Film Academy Award, including Czech Republic, Kosovo, the Netherlands, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, and Ukraine.
From today, we are calling for projects for 6 First Cut Lab calls that are launched in Europe and internationally, with a common deadline for applications set on December 5, 2022:
- FIRST CUT LAB Belgium
- FIRST CUT LAB Paradiso Brazil
- FIRST CUT LAB Netherlands
- FIRST CUT LAB Philippines
- FIRST CUT LAB Switzerland
- FIRST CUT LAB Trieste
The selected teams (director/producer/editor) will be offered a creative framework, both protective & challenging, where to open up and to explore new artistic perspectives for their films. They screen their rough cut in a private session, and receive expert feedbacks from three international film industry advisors, as well as tailor-made advice from a consultant editor.