Line up First Cut Lab Philippines, including mentors and advisers, announced!
As part of this years Full Circle Lab Philippines, an edition of First Cut Lab will take place starting today, September 18th, with 4 participating projects:
« CITY OF SMALL BLESSINGS », Chen-Hsi Wong (Singapore) – prod. Fran Borgia
« HOURS OF OURS » – doc, Komtouch Napattaloong (Thailand) – prod. Noorahaya Lahtee
« MIRADOR », Loy Arcenas (Philippines) – prod. Alemberg Ang
« RETURN OF THE OWL », Martika Escobar (Philippines) – prod. Monster Jimenez & Mario Cornejo
A team of 5 mentors is dedicated to guide these projects in Post-Production:
- Editor consultants: Benjamin Mirguet (France), Maya Maffioli (UK), Matthieu Taponier (France), Agnieszka Glińska (Poland), who worked notable on films directed by Laszlo Nemes, Sarah Gavron, Clio Barnard, Jerzy Skolimowski, or Magnus von Horn.
- Moderator: Wim Vanacker (Belgium).
The First Cut Lab team will be supported by 10 industry advisors:
- Professionals from all over Asia & Oceania:
- European professionals with experiences in Asia:
Christophe Bruncher & Alessandro Gropplero (Co-Heads of Training Program Ties That Bind), Mike Goodridge (Macau FF Artistic Director), Anna Katchko (producer – Germany/Kazakhstan), Kristina Aschenbrennerová (Asian programmer for ArtFilm FF)
- Emmy-prize winning documentary director Alexander Nanau (Collectiv, Toto and his sisters)
Find out more details on the program page!
picture from MIRADOR by Loy Arcenas (Philippines), selected for First Cut Lab